[Dailydrool] Bona, President of the Bounder Book Club

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Wed May 21 12:11:21 PDT 2014

Our Bona has been slowing down a lot in the last couple of weeks.  She has
gotten very picky about eating and this morning and last night, did not eat.
We tried many different things but she was just not interested.  Pills have
been being forced down her since she will no longer take them in her regular
cream cheese spread, or any other spread I try.   I cannot fight her to live
any longer and we will let her leave for the Bridge this evening to join up
with the Kitchen Beagle Brigade.  I know once there, her love of food will
be in its glory, as will she.

Bona became the Bounder Book Club president after proving she loved to
devour paperbacks.   We would buy paperbacks at yard sales specifically to
give to her.  The last year, her desire for trash novels waned and we knew
that was a sign of her aging.

Bona also had 2 bowel obstruction surgeries for eating foreign objects.  One
being a kitchen towel, and the second being a cloth bag with a drawstring.
I told her after the 2nd one in 8 months, that was it.  Next time she would
not be so lucky.  She must have listened as she never tried eating any more
foreign objects.  Only takes 12+ years to get a Beagle to listen to you.

Bona was always the sweetest old gal, never once heard her growl or saw any
aggression towards another dog.  Pat and I will miss her terribly.

Many Bounders are waiting for her journey,  I am grateful for this and for
the chance to love this littlest of Beagles.

Drool to all,

Wen, Pat and the Bounders