[Dailydrool] Report from Nurse Pebbles and thoughts from the slave

Leah McConnell leahkmcconnell at gmail.com
Wed May 21 12:30:03 PDT 2014

Dis is Pebbles the Nurse. It is no fun being a nurse and hard work. I am
being unappreciated and neglected. The slave refuses to share any of the
food she is delivered and refuses to take me for walkies. And to make
matters worse she is dangerous when she uses her walkie thingie. She almost
runned over me with it when I wouldn't move.  I being good watch dog and I
snuggle with her on the couch with the new knee hurts. She doing better and
started something called PT on Monday. She not happy when she come home and
says the knee very unhappy. Suzie kept telling her bend, bend. BEND IT MORE!
She is getting very bored but don't know what to do with herself. To make
matters worse all these peoples keep coming over and disturbing my much
needed rest. But I am hanging in there. She is my slave after all. It is
also tiring because now I have a bunch of new slaves to train. They be much
more trainable that the momma.

This is the slave. The new part of my knee was 1 week old yesterday and I am
coming along just fine. Needed to get the incision looked at yesterday and
it is healing nicely. The pain and cramping are slowly subsiding but the PT
was hard and riled things back up. Pebbles is being as good as she can be
although by now she should know I can't take her out for walks. She is going
to be horribly spoiled by the time I am back to where I need no help with
her . She is getting nice walks every two hours and any time someone comes
over she demands they take her out and she is getting her way. I do have to
protect the knee when she is on the couch to keep her off of it. She managed
to put the full weight of 1 huge paw on it the other day before I could push
her away. She has Trish (the neighbor walking her) trained to give her a
treat after every walk. They say the first two weeks are the hardest and
then it gets better. The drugs aren't too bad and I noticed the other day
that I have not had any migraines or allergy problems since the surgery
which is odd because pollen is bad now and all my bad trees are in bloom. I
decided to check out the muscle relaxant medication and found out it is an
antihistamine. I am going to check with my doctor about getting a
prescription for it. In the last week I should have had 2-3 headaches or
more or one continuous one. I am feeling well enough that I wasn't to do
things but still have to take it a bit easy

I too have noticed a difference with postings to the Drool. I don't post
nearly as much as I did with Maggie because Pebbles is a bit better behaved
and Maggie trained me well. She is a big goofball but it is hard to write
funny stories and her full body communications and her constantly
rearranging the pillows on the couch. I know a lot of the Droolers and
hounds that posted before are gone to the bridge. That means others will
need to step up to the plate and possibly post on the Drool what they also
post on FB - some do and some don't. I will try to be better about it.

Thank you for all the drool. Pebbles is sending drool to all that need it be
that 2 or 4 leggers. Heart healing drool to all that have lost their babies.
It does get easier over time , especially with the help of another Basset.

Leah with her new partial knee and Pebbles the Tuckleberry Hound who is
pouting because her Auntie Trish didn't give an after walk treat and Maggie
ATB who has been visiting a lot lately