[Dailydrool] Rupert is 8!

k. green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Wed May 21 16:03:57 PDT 2014

Today is Rupert's 6th gotcha day anniversary, which we celebrate as his 8th
birthday since he was estimated to be around 2 when we adopted him. On one
hand it feels like it's been far longer than 6 years, and on the other hand
it feels like not too long ago that we brought this skinny, scared, needy
hound home.

I remember Cowboy humping him nonstop for 3 days straight and I wrote to
the drool seeking guidance because it was unbearable. I was forced to sleep
upstairs with one hound, while James slept downstairs with the other - just
to get some respite from Cowboy's incessant humpage.

I kept thinking that Rupert must've been shocked to be adopted into a home
where he was being sexually molested for hours on end. And Cowboy was
obviously humping for his own reasons so I felt bad on that part too since
he was there first and maybe didn't want a brother. But as always, Droolers
came through and assured me to give it more time. Cowboy would come around
and Rupert would be just fine. "Don't take him back to rescue just yet..."

Thank Dog I listened because sure enough on the 4th day, it stopped. Rupert
has been the alpha hound ever since. He never humped Cowboy, but he has
hogged every toy, treat and bellyrub since Day4.

For those who haven't heard it, I'll post Rupert's adoption tale in my next
post. It's quite heartwarming and always makes me smile when I think about
how he found his forever home.

Drool to all,
Kacy with Cowboy the humper (not anymore, he's since been fixed!) and
Rupert the barker