[Dailydrool] where DDOD was..snicker snicker

Mr Shannon R Gerdel bassethoundbutler at gmail.com
Wed May 21 19:58:08 PDT 2014

My heart breaks for all of the departures, we are sending buckets and
buckets, and gallons and gallons of Drool to those suffering from the loss
of a fur-end, or a family member.

On Tuesdays, The Caspaw Cwew gets a visit from their most favorite person
in the world. My Meals on Wheels driver, Andy, always brings the best
snacks to da Cwew, so dey WOV Uncle Andy. I was telling Andy last week how
things had gone since Babes procedure.

I told him that when Babe got home, she was not very happy with me. After
all, I did pick her up, put her in my lap and carried her down the
wheelchair ramp to his pick-up. I did tell her over and over on the way to
the pick up that it would be okay, and that I love her. Merritt, the man
from the vet clinic that picked her up was very good with her. I told her
it would be okay, and let him drive her away.

Well, when she got home, she looked at me with the look of a woman
betrayed. She glared at me, with the look of "DDOD, you LET them do this to
ME. How could you let them do this to ME? You put me in your lap, promised
me that you loved me, and put me in his pick-up. You KNEW what they were
going to do to me, DDOD!! How could you? ----

Look at me, DDOD!! I have incisions and stitches on both sides I can't
hardly turn around, I can't, scratch that, you won't let me get up or down
without your help. This was not fun for me DDOD, and you owe me better than
this. <<<<----- This went on for several days, it was 3 days after she got
home before I was allowed, I was allowed to touch her belly.

Now, in the middle of trying to take care of her, and help her, someone
else got mad at me, and got very uppity with me. Boomer complained that
Babe was getting ALL the attention, and that he was being neglected.

Back to Andy. Andy used to have Basset Hounds, and aside from me, well, no
skip that....they'd take Uncle Andy over DDOD any day of the week. So, I
was telling Andy that they were both upset with me, and part of the story.

Without blinking an eye, Andy said to me: "Looks like YOU'RE in the
doghouse". At which time both members of the Caspaw Cwew ran to him for
another snack. All of the sudden, I can hear dat Awnry Awnie at the Bridge
laughing, and I can see him smiling, saying "It's about time DDOD went to
da doghouse!!!

Sigh...the life of the Butler to a couple of spoiled rotten Basset
Hounds.......

Houndie Hugs and Snooter Kisses frum da Caspaw Cwew! Yours in Dwool,

Babe

Boomer

"awful awnry" Arnie ATB

Butler Shannon-DDOD (Dat dum ol dad; an absowute, topaw, compwete
BassetCase)

Mr. Shannon R. Gerdel
3583 Meadowlark Drive
Casper WY 82604