[Dailydrool] Escargot at Villalobos - Update

basset911 at aol.com basset911 at aol.com
Wed May 21 23:35:33 PDT 2014

Many have forwarded, commented, freaked and called about the abused hound now known as "Escargot" of Villalobos Pittbull Rescue Center in Lousianna.
I wanted to let Daily Droolers know the background on this, so the basset folks can understand a little.  I've had alerts: he is neglected, pitbulls attacked him, get him to a vet
and folks that want to give him a home.  Let's clear up the facebook confusion!  There are even basset people harassing Tia!!  That's just sad!
Sunday late afternoon he was walked into one of Villalobos rescue centers (yes,a there are more than one). as a stray.  Tia, who is a long time friend and basset lover (when she lived in California over the hill from us she fostered a few bassets), immediately took him to the vet, and then contacted me.  Tia is a personal friend of many, many years.  It was decided to see if he would make it, and thus the alert of "Escargots" case was not photo submitted until day #3 of his emergency vet care.  He is eating, but highly critical.  So many medical issues exist that he will require hospitalization for a long time at this point.  Villalobos is trying to raise vet costs, which we all know are super expensive.
I have been asked to handle the "Basset Hound Villalobos Networking" - therefore, if someone is thinking of adoption or fostering, applications will be screened by us here at Daphneyland.  I might add that the best rehabber in the country has said "He can come here" and that just might be where he ends up.  In the meantime....... light candles, pray and chant for one severely abused basset boy named 'Escargot" at Villalobos Rescue Center.  Once again proving - the Pitbulls have always protected the hounds.
(Tia since moving to the south now has many Bloods, beagles, coons and bassets - such a problem in the South - if you don't live there you cannot know about "The wooden boxes".  Villalobos now has a Hound Rescue as well. Donations are needed!)  Visit  http://www.vrcpitbull.net/dog/  make a donation and memo "Escargot"

Thank you all.....

Dawn of the West
Basset Rescue Network at Daphneyland
www.daphneyland.com