[Dailydrool] Coming home ritual and stuff

Kim Dworak kdworak69 at hotmail.com
Thu May 22 10:52:09 PDT 2014

Our coming home from work ritual is loud.  Barking is Wulfie's favorite thing, except eating of course.  I come in, and he barks non stop for about 2-3 minutes.  If you've seen Stewie on Family Guy when he does the Mom mom mommy mom mom thing, it's just like that.  Hal greets me at the kitchen doorway with a stuffie in his mouth, and Heidi jumps up to say hi.  Then we all go to the couch and Heidi gets lap time, while I rub Wulfie and Hal's bellies.  After everyone has had sufficient Mom time, I get up, kiss my husband and take them all outside, then they get dinner.  Our waking up ritual is the same - Wulfie and Heidi sleep in crates, because I like having a house and they would destroy it otherwise.  Hal sleeps on the couch usually, or where ever he wants.  when Wulfie decides it's time for everyone to get up, he barks until we come and get him.  On weekdays my alarm usually goes off before he does, but on weekends he wakes us up around 7, sometimes earlier.

Ninja is Wulfie's cat.  He loves the dogs, and he will play with Heidi and Wulfie.  I buy him these huge (for a cat toy) catnip mice that the vet sells for a local rescue.  He will throw it under the living room gate, and the dogs run around with it and throw it up in the air, and then back to Ninja.  When we had Gunter, he would destroy any stuffie he found.  I kept seeing him with the cat toy in his mouth and I'd throw it back over the gate - I couldn't figure out how the heck he was getting it, until I hid in the bedroom and watched him and Ninja play.  He never once destroyed the mice.  I'm very glad the playtime has continued with Heidi and Wulfie.

Hal and Heidi would like to say thank you to Auntie Val for their limericks.  They were perfect.  Heidi kept trying to get on the computer last night, I think she was trying to figure out the typing thing so she can say thank you herself.  Hal prefers sleep over typing, or really anything except food and walks.

I do miss Debbie.  I do not have her gift with words, but I will make an effort to post more often.

We are sending drool to Wendie and Pat for Bona, we are very sorry you have to let her go, and we will light a candle tonight to help her on her way.  Drool for Sally and her family we are very sorry that you lost your Pixel.  We are also sending drool for Jackie and Pierre Jr. and welcome to Venus across the pond.

Kim with Hal (zzzz), Wulfie (barkbarkbarkbark), Heidi (how does this computer thing work exactly) and the c at ts