[Dailydrool] What's it about?

Mr Shannon R Gerdel bassethoundbutler at gmail.com
Thu May 22 12:12:52 PDT 2014

Good morning,

I hope that each of you understands what I am saying. Because I care about
each of you, and your Basset Hounds. I found this site a little under 9
years ago. I do not think Boomer would have lived this long if it had not
been for the things I learned on this website...lol.

A recent topic was about how things have changed. Yes, in ways they have,
and no, the basic premise is the same. After looking at horrific photos
posted on Facebook of a Basset Hound this morning, it occurred to me that
it's not about me, or you, it's about the Basset Hounds that we love. I am
not saying that I do not love and care for the people, too, but like I said
earlier, I am certain Boomer would have been subject to serious
repercussions had you Droolers not taught me that it's not a personal
affront to me; it was just the fun of having a 4 month old Basset Hound
puppy.

There are people, and Bassets that I 'know' through the Daily Drool that I
have never, nor will I ever meet. (Outside of Heaven, anyway:-) I will also
never forget those people. In many ways, you folks are like family to me.
No one can replace people such as Debbie. I can't imagine my life with out
the rest of you in it though.

I hope that no one thinks I am being to crass, or sound uncaring, but it's
not about me. It's about the "life support system for a set of ears" (As my
Moms husband said the 1st time he saw Boomer.) You people were, and still
are here for me. I hope that I can, and still will be able to help support
others now, and in the future.

Houndie Hugs and Snooter Kisses frum da Caspaw Cwew! Yours in Dwool,

Babe

Boomer

"awful awnry" Arnie ATB

Butler Shannon-DDOD (Dat dum ol dad; an absowute, topaw, compwete
BassetCase)

Mr. Shannon R. Gerdel
3583 Meadowlark Drive
Casper WY 82604