[Dailydrool] Crud in Ears

Marilyn mjsergent at comcast.net
Mon May 26 14:51:05 PDT 2014

Use the Blue Powder Treatment.  My dog Dexter had a really bad  infection in
his ears.  We were back/forth to the vet trying so many different meds and
spending a lot of money.  Nothing worked.  The vet was ready to put him on a
special diet for the rest of his life.  I found this on-line, and his ears
cleared up within a week.  This is all I use to clean all my dogs' ears
once-a-month, and they have beautiful clean ears.  I then copied this recipe
for my vet.  Good luck.

Blue Powder Ear Treatment

INGREDIENTS:

16 Oz. Isopropyl Alcohol (70 percent)

4 Tablespoons Boric Acid Powder (you can buy over-the-counter at a pharmacy)

16 Drops Gentian Violet Solution 1% (order thru the pharmacist if they don't
have in-stock at the pharmacy)

Mix together in alcohol bottle or some sort of squirt bottle and shake well.
You will also need to shake solution every time you use it to disperse the
Boric Acid Powder.

TREATMENT:

Flood the ear with solution, (gently squirt contents of bottle into ear),
massage the outside of the ear gently then clean out with a cotton ball or
flat/round flat cotton make-up pad (I use these because they are better and
they mold around your finger).

Do this once a day till infection is cleared up.  As maintenance, clean
once-a-week.  You can pour the solution on the make-up pad instead of
flooding the ear.  Then you can go to about once-a-month.