[Dailydrool] Ben

DDropp at aol.com DDropp at aol.com
Tue May 27 18:54:40 PDT 2014

Well,  Ben went to the emergency vet on Memorial Day.  He had been eating
almost  nothing the last few days, and Monday he would not touch anything.  I
 was planning to take him in this week, but I just could not handle not
knowing  if anything was the matter.  I am now awaiting the test  results.

Dropped $600.00 at the vet's, and had blood drawn and urine sampled.
Urinalyses came back negative and all the blood work came back negative.   They
gave him some fluids and an anti-nausea shot and he came  home.  Monday
evening he ate some boiled chicken breast and some  boiled steak.  They said he
should have bland foods, boiled chicken or  hamburger and rice.  He ate the
chicken and the steak, but when I mixed in  the rice, no deal.  At least he
ate.  They said that if he stops  eating again, another ultrasound should be
done to look for other things.   I am worried  about him, but feel a lot
better now that he ate.

Today he ate about 3/4# of hamburger today and 2 generous servings of
cottage cheese.
Even though he ate, I am still having an ultrasound  done on Thursday, to
make sure no tumors are growing.  I will also ask  about Cushing's and
Addison's disease.  Hopefully will know more  then.

Douglas