[Dailydrool] Baxter Update and thanks for all the late night/early morning advice!

Brenda Waldrop dedanann1 at gmail.com
Wed May 28 13:10:51 PDT 2014

Baxter Update- well the news is bad but I'm not sure exactly how bad yet.
It's definitely the cancer back. The oncologist says the prognosis for any
cure at this point is extremely low. His belly is pretty full of tumors and
his calcium level is very high. They want me to see an oncologist for him,
and put him on monthly IV medication to bring his calcium level down.
Apparently that's what's making him so sick. I would assume there will also
be tramadol or something similar involved in that course of treatment. This
will require monthly in-hospital stays for the treatment, and if the
oncology consult price is any indication it will be very expensive. I'm
willing to beg borrow and sell my soul to come up with the money, IF there
is valid quality of life to be gained from it. If all I'm going to get is
Baxter traumatized by monthly treatments that may or may not work, or him
constantly being sick or in pain, that's not quality of life and I'll let
him go. I'm also waiting to hear from Dawn to see it the vitamin C
injection regimen she uses on her cancer ward would be the better option. I
know I can't see him go through another night like last night, but I'm not
giving up yet.

If anyone has any experience with this treatment for the calcium levels I'd
appreciate any advice you can give. Also any spare drool you could fling
his way would be greatly appreciated!

Momslave to Baxter, Bailey and Elphaba