[Dailydrool] The Bad Basset Chronicles, Vol. 1 #1

lea pierce leapierce at leapierce.com
Wed May 28 17:06:03 PDT 2014

Well, the other paw has dropped.

Houndservant is annoyed.

Lady Foxy, until today quite reasonable in demeanor, obviously decided I
was gone too long on errands. And punishment was in order.

To what did my wondering eyes did appear, but a MOUNTAIN of shredded paper
towel on the Galley floor! (A 12-double-roll package of paper towels was on
the Galley floor overnight, waiting to be put away... today Foxy needed
sport...)

Houndservant knows it is Foxy, not Claire the Trembling basset-wannabe;
Foxy has long had the habit of shredding kleenex. That was cute.

Turning a double roll of paper towel into confetti... not so much.

Foxy came up for her "pet me pet me you're home pet me 'bout time pay
attention to me PET ME" homecoming routine. Houndservant, who was busy
sweeping the Galley, afixed a stern eye upon her and informed her of her
Bad Basset Status.

"You Bad Basset! You KNOW what you did!"

With a knowing look and a snort, Foxy walked off, as if to say:

"HaHaHA Houndservant! Think this is bad? I know the ropes now. HA! I know
you are a marshmallow-pushover-weenie! Walk the plank?! HA! There is no
capital punishment on the HMS Santa Rosa! Wait until next time!"

Has the Moby Dick of Bassets has been unleashed?

O! Time to Foxy-proof all paper products...

Lt. Lea
HMS Santa Rosa in Shreds