[Dailydrool] June 6th $5 Friday

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Thu May 29 12:25:03 PDT 2014

Our Debbie's Dawgs $5 Friday is coming up  next week -
we will be supporting BAGS Basset Rescue in Ohio (Beautiful
Aging Gracefully Seniors). They have several senior hounds
that will tug at your heart.  Today I am going to tell you about
Charlie, who is the sweetest looking fella.  Please do go to our
Facebook page, Debbie's Dawgs, if you can, and see what a
charmer this guy is. . . . I will share more about other hounds
with the rescue over the next few days.

Here's his story from Maribeth Walker:  11 year old Charlie was relinquished by his owners last fall for every excuse they could think of. He was in "good health" I was told, but hadn't seen a vet for 9 years. When I picked up Charlie, I drove straight to the vet. His front leg had an abscess that was horrid looking and he struggled to put any weight on his leg. It was obvious he had had this for a long period of time, even though the owner never noticed?  Charlie endured 3 surgeries to save his leg. A tumor that did test positive for cancer was also removed from his back.  In between surgeries, he had drains, bandage changes and rechecks daily for the first couple weeks and then gradually to 3x a week, including weekends.  He had a serious infection, that could have taken his life. The many kinds of staph and bacteria in his leg required IV antibiotics, then oral antibiotics for months. His bills were several thousand dollars, I'm surprised not more. We were at the clinic as often as the staff. He can now run and shows no discomfort from his front leg. Charlie is also in need of a dental, we were waiting till all the bacteria in his leg was gone, now we will work on some extractions and cleaning.

Summer vacation times are here so if you want to donate early,
please feel free to do just that.  Just paypal your donation to
debbiesdawgs at icloud.com  and please be sure to choose
the friends and family option to avoid fees.  If you prefer to
mail a check, please make your check out to BAGS Basset
Rescue and send it to me at 5137 Chestnut Circle, Woodstock,
GA 30188.  Once all the checks arrive, I will forward them to
BAGS - I only collect the checks so we have an accurate
total on our donations.

Thank you for making our $5 Fridays so successful - it is
so helpful to the rescues to be able to help these hounds in
need. We very much appreciate each and every donation,
no matter how small and we also appreciate those of you that
have consistently been supporting our efforts.   We've been talking
on the Drool about how much we miss Debbie and her stories -
please honor her memory by helping these hounds in need this
month. We'd love to have some new supporters join in, especially
this month. This rescue has a big heart but also very BIG vet bills.

Donna, drool fueler for Gracie, Bosley and Sunny