[Dailydrool] Pillows and clueless mom persons

Angelika angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Fri May 30 16:12:35 PDT 2014

Dear clueless mom person: NEVER EVER give a basset her (his) way when they are dominating you. Her grabbing your hand- biting for real or not ( and it CAN lead to that- ALL bassets COULD potentially bite)- she made ‘your’ space hers and you let her have it. This is not cute. This can lead to serious issues in regards to who is dominant. And regardless of what my bassets or others on this digest have said over the years- the human must be Alpha- then the hounds have their pecking order. Next time firmly tell her move to wherever you want her to be. You can let her have the coveted spot after she has done as you wanted. If you really don’t mind sleeping at the foot end; but first she must understand that you decided she could have that coveted spot- not her. This is for your own safety as well as any other people in your home. I know she is sweet and would never bite...but they can- really they all can. Most don’t- but they could.

off my soap box- Angelika

Sent from Windows Mail