[Dailydrool] Small Bassets

jjcsandrcs at aol.com jjcsandrcs at aol.com
Sat May 31 10:25:48 PDT 2014

I concur with the poster about smaller Bassets in the South and Bassets being transported north.  We at Carolina Basset Hound Rescue have arrangements with both ABC Rescue in western NY and Tri-state Basset Rescue to be a part of a chain of Southern rescues willing to supply some of our rescued dogs to meet the demand for Bassets in the Northeast.  We also hold dogs in the Raleigh Durham and Greensboro areas so that they can join the trip up I-85 to I-95.  It's a win/win situation since so many are bred in NC and SC where we are located and we go to 'kill' shelters and save them. Some shelters here still gas dogs and one county in NC gasses them in groups, a practice that is abhorrent to us.