[Dailydrool] Smaller Bassets

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Sat May 31 12:50:06 PDT 2014

I am hear to tell you that Browyn the Fairy Princess is ALL basset and she
usually tips the scales at a whopping 35 pounds. I got her from GABR as a
puppy. I know they get quite a few bassets in that are in that 35-45 pound
range. I think in general, the puppy mills have smaller bassets than the
show bassets. Of course this is not a blanket statement. The first basset
we ever rescued weighed 93 pounds when we got him! He looked fantastic when
I got him down to 72 pounds. When he got old and in his last year, he
skeletal at 68 pounds.

Jennifer, the mom, to Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess