[Dailydrool] Spending some days with Violeta

VIRGINIA OLIVEIRA duda.tuppence at shaw.ca
Sat May 31 19:57:57 PDT 2014

Dear Droolers Friends

After some months just having her for a day, this week I came to the ex-DH's house( Violeta's daddy-person ) to take care of her while he went on a business trip.

What a joy!
And any of you who had to be separated from your beloved Basset, your baby, your girl, knows how soul-crushing it can be.

I've been here since Wed night and will stay until Monday lunchtime.

Sleep together is the best. That comforting Fritos smell, funny I-am-running-dreams that shakes the whole bed, noisy snoring, and the moo-moo noises, all is wonderful.
Thursday morning I woke up with my baby stuck to me, skin to skin. Or...fur to skin. So warm, best heater ever.
And she goes hunnnrrrrrhhhhuunnnrrrr, and starts the half an hour arm-hand licking. The same routine of 7 years ago when separation led me to "have" to leave. And to a place where dogs were a nono, and being unemployed at the time didn't give me much choice, in a wheelchair, even less.

I always hear the "never say never" stuff but I say it with all my heart. NEVER  again I will leave a dog of mine behind.

Violeta was well because she stayed with the one she considered the leader of our pack, in the house she had been since she was 3 months-old and with Xaxa, the brother she loved. So at least I was the only one to suffer, or at least, the one to suffer the most.

But again? Never!
We have sun basking, I have brushing my baby, giving her back massage, having her snoring beside me in the afternoon, as I read a book.

Spending some time with your basset is the best thing ever. I totally recommend ! But most of you know that.

Just wanting to share my happiness with you guys. And even blind, at 12, Vio is still perky. Not as energetic as before, but still quite well.

Thank you all for hints here and there. Life can be beautiful.

(Miriam) Virginia Oliveira, mom of Violeta and Xaxa ( dis be in heaben now)