[Dailydrool] Overwhelmed with SP gifts

Patti pattipike7 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 2 01:02:48 PDT 2014

Who could believe what had happened when a large box arrived at the door last week!  Miss Bella B welcome the delivery man and happily chewed on a treat she received from him!  My only clue was a return address with the name Kathi Lockhart, who’s name I recognized, but what is this?  We couldn’t wait!  But then, giving thoughts to “there must be a mistake...as I had not joined Secret Pawtner this year”!

Opening the box, was an immediate clue, stating “We heard you are under the weather, Get Well Soon!”  Your Secret Pawtner!
Well, that was true!  I had spent a week in the hospital and in ICU, to discover I was low in sodium...!  Now with a nurse visit, a CNA visit, coming three times a week, and an assistant from “Seniors Helping Seniors”,  helping me every afternoon, I was so overwhelmed to
think Kathi had thought of me as a Secret Pawtner!  THANK YOU!   ONE VERY THOUGHTFUL  KATHI  LOCKHART!

And in the box, I found a large paper towel Basset Hound holder, with the most beautiful hand painted basset face on the top and the big puffy painted paws at the bottom.  What a treat!  Also, a book titled “The ABC’s  and 123’s  Presented by Basset Hounds” which as a retired teacher I had to immediate read and so enjoyed!  And a 2015 Basset Hound puppies calendar, one of which I always purchase for myself!  Miss Bella B was not left out as she received a large bag of treats which raised her attention to what was in the large box!  Oh, so much appreciated!  Thanks Kathi!

And that’s not all!  The very next day, from the Slobber Shoppe, the very same Secret Pawtner, Kathi, had sent a running basset, with the flying ears flopping in the wind on the side of a lovely, lined inside, black purse! Included in this box were Basset socks which I will be putting to good use after I have surgery on my large infected toe, (after an ingrown toe nail) !   Cheezy-Beefy Doodles were also found in this box, and a large basset nose discovered the treats were for her!

I am just flabbergasted, but so delighted to be remembered from my Secret Pawtner!  Thank You Kathi!  I now feel guilty not being able to be part of SP, but I’m telling myself, next year!

Hugs,
Patti Pike,  Bella B,   also... Daisy Mae,  Scooby Doo,  Tiger,  Molly,  Duchess,  and  Pokey...all ATB  waiting for me!