[Dailydrool] Nigel

Jacquelynn Chazey jchazey at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 05:11:22 PST 2014

Dear Droolers,

Not much has been published about Nigel rather than Bill A's Janie Anne is
the love of his life, but now he has an insipid weight loss that sis Donna
and I have been monitoring  for a while, and for the first time ever, the
Vet noted it on Nigel's last visit.

BTW, I am being assaulted by both Pierre jr. and mostly Colette as I try to
write this, but we cannot go out this moment as the lawn maintenance people
are here.

That being said, I recently contacted Angelika to get the Satin Ball recipe
to try to put weight back on Nigel.  I know the recipe is in the archives,
but she did me a favor and sent it to me directly.

At first, I was going to be bold and feed the recipe w/o contacting Nigel's
Vet, but since Nigel has a history of vomiting and chronic diarrhea, I
decided to run it by him.  He did not think the oil content in the recipe
would be good for Nigel, and he wasn't sure the Total (™) cereal was canine
grade nutrition (although for humans, great, I will eat it), so I modified
the recipe, and now Nigel has his own meatloaf.

It is only one day, and already his BM is so much better.

I chose

One pound of 85% ground beef, one egg, 1 packet (about one ounce) of
instant oatmeal, 2 envelopes of knox gelatin (1/2 a small box), a splash of
molasses and 6 cups of slow cook white rice.

Bunch it all together, and cook like a meatloaf at 325 in the over till
done, about 40 minutes.

I made meatloaf for humans before, and there was a lot of grease discharge,
but this loaf had none.

I give Nigel a slice (about 3/4 inch) three times a day.

The others get a tidbit taste, so they are not jealous.

Knock on wood, I hope to put some meat on the skinny boy bones.

Now, if only I had that metabolism, but you know what is said, be careful
what  you wish for…

Healing drool to all in need,

Jackie and the many paws

P.S.   I free feed, and there is dry food down all the time.  It is limited
ingredient with Pierre Jr. in mind because he has IBD.  It could well be
that Nigel doesn't like it.  Maybe I need to switch to a different flavor.