[Dailydrool] The Bridge is too busy

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 04:55:52 PST 2014

I know we have gone through spats of this before, but this time all the
dogs going to the bridge just about has me paralyzed. In addition to all
the deaths we have read about, Bugsey's dear Grandma Gabby went to the
bridge on Thursday. She had her 14th birthday party on Tuesday. She had
been battling kidney failure for quite awhile and it just got to the point
she was suffering too much. She was such a wonderful basset. She was a
beautiful solid red and white. She was very large, as in about 60 pounds
and no she wasn't fat. She was a champion in the show ring and a therapy
dog until she had to have back surgery at age 9. Her daughter Wegi got very
sick when she had Bugsey and his siblings and Gabby just stepped in and
took care of the puppies until Wegi felt well enough to do it on her own
again. I will never forget when we were at the GABR waddle with most of the
puppies now about 6 months old. They were all in a pen together with Gabby,
Wegi, and their Uncle Manfred. Everyone is exhausted. Bugsey will not
settle down and he is being a total pain. Wegi is snapping at him, Manfred
is growling at him and all his siblings are mad at him as well. Everyone
just wants to sleep and Bugsey needs to sleep but he is over stimulated.
Gabby got up and hearded him into a corner away from everyone else and got
him to lay down on top of her. He was crashed in about 5 minutes with
everyone else. Gabby is the one who taught me how to deal with Bugsey when
he is over stimulated. Which if you follow our posts happens a lot. He is
scared to death he might miss out on something.

I just want to let everyone who has lost a hound recently that we are
sending just as much heart healing drool to all of you as we can. I got out
the dehydrated liver yesterday and let me tell you, that sends the boys
into overdrive. I am sending heart healing thoughts and prayers. Browyn is
sending snooter kisses. May your hearts heal soon.

Jennifer with a heavy heart, Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess