[Dailydrool] Babe and Boomer update

Mr Shannon R Gerdel bassethoundbutler at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 17:14:19 PST 2014

hello,

1st and foremost, THANK YOU, all of you, for your emails, donations,
messages, instant messages. I am unable to put into words how grateful I am
to each of you for your kindness, support, and love, and PRAYERS. I am
still kind of operating on auto pilot.

The vet called me on Friday, and told me that Babe was completely full of
cancer. She never once seemed like she was in pain. My brave, tough girl.
She only had a tiny little piece of a kidney left. My precious sweet
Babers. I had no idea that she was so sick.

I spoke with the vet today about Boomer. Boomer had a large tumor on his
stomach. This explains why he stopped eating. I spent the last 4 days of
his life chasing him around to put drops in his ears. I picked up his dish
Saturday, and just wept. I miss my Baby Boomer so much.

Thank you, all of you, that have prayed for me, and my precious Basset
Hounds. I just got a phone call. Boomer's cremation is done, and he'll be
here tomorrow afternoon. I had no idea that when I sent him to the vet a
week ago tomorrow that I'd never see him again.

The one thing that I don't have? A recording of my beautiful boy howling
ahroooooooo.

Fly free, beautiful Babe and Handsome hound Boomer. I miss you both so
much. I keep thinking its time to feed you, or get fresh water, or get you
snack and go to bed. I have heard it said that men and women do not rescuye
their Basset Hounds, but that the Basset H

Mr. Shannon R. Gerdel
3583 Meadowlark Drive
Casper WY 82604
bassethoundbutler at gmail.com