[Dailydrool] Eyeballing

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 03:53:17 PST 2014

​Pam yes that is the very best way to stop things before they start with
strange dogs, train "Watch me" until it is perfect every time and respond
with treats every time. This is what a friend did who had a very aggressive
male big dog (was attacked as a puppy, never got over it.) and it worked
well because she never took her eyes off him when they were out, and kept
people away.

I have seen trainers (Victoria Stillwell) re-train dogs to be dog-friendly.
Being on a leash makes a dog feel trapped and/or protective. Being off
leash risks a fight, something I have never brought myself to do. And
yet...am I depriving the dog of fun? I don't know-- he can have fun with
me. I don't have the nerve to let him go.

MomPerson to Llewis (oh look, another dog, what fun) Conley (Oh look
another dog is it a male, you a male, you sure? You wanna prove it? Yah
come over HERE and say that) and Doc (Let's play I'll jump on you and knock
you down and grab your throat and then you can do it to me!)​(Doc really
needs another Belgian to play with.)