[Dailydrool] Zeke just does not sit?

Kathy Kontrim oahiggins at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 20 09:07:00 PST 2014

I have an odd observation.
My parents’ new basset, Zeke, doesn’t sit.  He is a rescue and has been with us for about a
month.  He is as sweet as they come.  He stands and lies down, but doesn’t sit.  I don’t mean on command, I mean at all.  He did have emergency surgery for bloat just
days after we got him.  I don’t know his history,
but the vet said that his stomach we very enlarged.  I wonder if he had stomach pains for long
time and it used to be uncomfortable for him to sit?  Maybe it still is?  I really don’t know.   Has
anyone ever encountered this?  Should we
try to teach him or just let him be?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Kathy Kontrim