[Dailydrool] Update from Bugsey

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 04:54:35 PST 2014

Yesterday morning the mom fed Beauford and Browyn and didn't feed me! I was
very unhappy and I let the whole world know it. Then I went to the vet. I
had to wait forever, or an hour one of the two. They shaved my belly and
then they put me on the floor in a plastic cradle and held my head and my
feet and did an ultra sound. I held very still. My mom got to sit on the
floor right next to me. I looked a couple of times to make sure she didn't
leave me, but I didn't move. The vet doing the ultra sound was not my
regular vet. That is a very good thing. She doesn't have a very nice
opinion of bassets, but she said I was the best behaved basset she had ever
seen and that I am very handsome! Duh!

The ultra sound came back wonderful. I don't have an ulcer, or cancer of
the kidneys, liver, spleen, or lymph nodes.

The mean lady informed mom that I haven't been vomiting. I have been
regurgitating which is somehow worse. I don't see how it is worse. I get to
keep my food. Anyway, I had been promised that at this point I would get to
go home and eat breakfast, but no! The mean lady decided that I might have
atypical Addison's disease and that we needed to do an ACTH test and there
was no time like the present since I had to fast for both tests. So the mom
said goodbye and I had to stay...hungry. The nice vet tech promised that
she would feed me ab=fter the first round of blood work, but she lied too.
Not on purpose, but she called the mom to see what I could eat, and they
didn't have any cans of food without potato or pea. What is up with that?!
Mom came and picked me up at 3:30 at which point the staff all declared me
the happiest dog they had every seen! When I got home mom fed me a VERY
late breakfast and I got dinner too!

Bugsey with Beauford, and Browyn the stupid Fairy Princess