[Dailydrool] Fish oil pills

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at optimum.net
Sat Nov 22 06:26:05 PST 2014

For some time now Holly has been taking fish oil for her arthritis.
Carefully I wrapped the two huge pills (in the AM) or the single pill
(in the PM) in cheese, thinking that it would be the only way to get her
to eat it.

Recently I dropped a pill on the floor. In a second it was gone.
I am amazed that she thinks of these nasty things as treats. Sure, she
eats fish-based food every day of her life, but fish oil? Ewww! Bassets
really do have unusual tastes.

I have never, however, noticed any nasty smell coming from her--other
than her usual nasty smells, since she is my Pigpen, who loves to lie in
the yuckiest of guck.

I'm just giving Holly the usual people fish oil pills, 1000 mg per pill.
Might changing what you are giving Elsinore help?

Pam, chief pill and treat giver to the Dashing Bassets