[Dailydrool] Conley & Doc

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 03:41:52 PDT 2014

I do not often post asking for help but this time.....
Last night Conley was determined to kill Doc. I even tried keeping them
apart with leashes outside but the second one was loose the fighting
started and it started in the house with a spider for gods sake! Doc was in
the LR and a spider ran down a dog bed. He went to look at it. Conley
thought (I think) that he had a food particular and attacked, full blown,
all out attack, pulling in Llewis, knocking over furniture etc. Got them
separated. Took Doc to training. When we come home I call ahead so Conley
may be crated because otherwise he attacks (for real) Doc when he comes in
the door. We have tried variations, nothing works.

Last night was exceptionally bad. I finally crated Conley for the night at
8:30 because he needed a long chill period. Part of it is resource guarding
(I am the rescouce) and I don't know how to stop that, either.
Help me. Without suggesting neutering. I do not think that's more than a
tiny edge of the problem here.