[Dailydrool] Result of latest Shelter Challenge

Pam Farris savethebassets at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 03:22:49 PDT 2014

Thanks to each and every one of you who took the time to vote each day for Basset Rescue of Florida in an attempt to win some cash to help us keep going.  Unfortunately we didn't win the state prize of $1,000 (which realistically was what we were hoping to win - not the grand prize which takes more than a village to win).  My understanding is that we won second place -  50 Ready, Set, Rescue Go Paks.  These paks are a set of 2 magazines about adoption they suggest we sell to our adopters for $10 each in order to raise funds.  Here is more info http://fundraising.rescuemecentral.com/FAQ/

One of their other suggestions is to offer one set to each adopter as part of their adoption kit and I think realistically that is how they will be used.  I suspect the fundraising potential for these magazines will be low.

We appreciate everyone caring enough to make this effort and I want to give a special thanks to Yvonne Morgan who was the lead cheerleader and fearless social media guru in this effort. Everyone please keep voting for the basset rescue of choice each contest.  Although we didn't win this time, the basset vote has been pretty darned successful each contest in winning the state vote for the chosen rescue and that $1,000.00 means the world to the small rescues.

Drool to those in need!

Pam Farris
Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc.
www.BassetRescueFlorida.com