[Dailydrool] Bassets and Cows

Rebecca Louise Stanton pummorse at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 11:52:42 PDT 2014

​Anita, I have heard this comparison before!   Only last week Morse went
flat up on the moors and a woman came over - just as she got to us she said
"oh it's a *dog" - *to which I replied "what did you think it might be?"
"A cow" she replied.  I suppose with their markings they do look cow-like.
And bassets - well, Morse anyway - is fairly bovine.  He stands still a lot
and is slow moving.  He also moos like a cow now he is older - when he is
getting comfy he moos.  If you scratch his back he moos.  And he eats a lot
of grass, always has done.   And bassets are nosy just like cows.   Bassets
also love to roll in cow pats but that's another story.  So maybe they have
more in common with their bovine friends than we think :)

Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB