[Dailydrool] Annual Basset Olympics

Dianne chloehoundny at aol.com
Fri Oct 3 14:08:05 PDT 2014

It's that time of year again.  Time for Tri-State Basset Rescue's Annual Paws for Fall Basset Olympics.  This year our event will take place on October 18, 2014 from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM at Wantagh Park (Woodland Avenue, Wantagh, NY).  There will be the usual events, a 10 meter sprint, 16 inch hurdle, high jump, and obstacle course, along with a prize raffle, 50/50 raffle and bake sale.  There is a $10 suggested donation which includes lunch.  This is the first year that I'm doing the organizing and running of the event myself, since Walli Gnatowski (who's done it previously) moved to South Carolina.  So, I need help!! Volunteers are needed to help in the following areas:
Registration table
Raffle -- set up and selling of tickets
Selling 50/50 tickets
Time keepers during the games (if you own a stop watch even better).
Help setting up the games and taking them down.
Help setting up the store, working it and taking it down.
Lunch -- people to help set up the food , beverages etc and clean up afterwards.
We also need donations of canned soda, hamburger and hot dog rolls.
Donations of raffle prizes and baked sale goods.
I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of things so I'll just ask for people to step forward and volunteer to help...pick what you'd like to do...I'm also open to any new ideas.

Dianne
ChloehoundNY at aol.com
516-659-7924