[Dailydrool] bassets and cows

beckyandgeorgie beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 5 08:07:36 PDT 2014

When in Airdrie Miss  Becky's delight was rolling in cowpies.
I am sure when romping in the field with the cows a farmer was
thinking bad things.
When she got through she would come back with green stuff on her and then
roll in a muddy spot to set it.  She would then be so surprised everyone
took a wide berth around her.
Vinegar baths worked each time.
My other basset Dazey loved rolling in the worst smelling stuff too.
Apparently bears do this to disguise their scent. Why bassets do is beyond
me.
And the old Airedale would never do this.
Georgie