[Dailydrool] Caveat

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 02:57:06 PDT 2014

​We have, as most know, multiple dogs (altho the multiples seem to be
getting lower) and always one who is older than the others and has problems
or one who just has "Issues".

So recently we began a regimen of Rimadyl with Llewis  where he gets 50 mgs
2x daily, 8 a.m and 8 pm and because I have a brain like a sieve John set
my phone to go ring an alarm at both times (regardless of where I am) and I
give Llewis his rimadyl which he thinks is a big treat.

In an effort to squash the "issues" between the other two dogs we have
quite recently put Conley on Prozac once a day.

Yesterday was a strange day for my brain. It could not seem to stay awake,
then I had my eyes professionally dilated (meaning I was blind most of the
day) and soooooo sleeeeeepy. I slept through everything even took a
mid-morning nap with Conley.

At 8pm my alarm went off I grabbed them and gave them and then stood, heart
pounding, staring at the bottle of Prozac in my hand and at Conley, who had
just received a double dose. AAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIE.

All is well. All is well. But my Vet recently set up a new after-hours
answering system which is wonderful. Of course first he opened a new clinic
which is an emergency clinic, 24 hrs open. Now when I call the Vetspital
after hours, the phone is answered by someone at the ER clinic and I can
ask my question and be told whether or not I need to hit the road. The
lovely Vet said no, just no Prozac tomorrow.

This is why I slept with Conley, my hand on his chest and his head on my
shoulder, drooling. About three he got restless (too hot) and I put him in
his crate but he is groggy but fine.

WATCH YOUR LABELS WHEN PILLING your dogs. Anyone can do whai I did. It
takes some brains to get it right.

MomPerson to Conley, Llewis and Doc