[Dailydrool] Conley on Prozac so far

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 07:23:00 PDT 2014

​We worked the dosage out according to his weight. He has only been on
Prozac for three days and today he doesn't get any because last night I
gave him a full dose when he was not supposed to have any and spent a
heart-stopping few hours watching him breathe in and out. According to the
ER Vet he was going to be fine anyway and by god she was right.

On Prozac I have noticed a distinct drop in activity. It is true he doesn't
attack Doc like he did but I attribute that to somnabulance more than
attitude adjustment. At the same time, to avoid having Doc trying to tease
Conley into a brawl, we are re-training the LEAVE IT command, simply using
one Doc knows in a new and (to him) silly way.
Nevertheless as a herding dog he is pre-programmed to do what he is told
(probably why I like herding dogs so much) and as much as he dislikes being
told to leave Conley alone, he will.

(I remember Cooper sitting in the open side door of the Van for about two
hours while I thought he was in his crate. He wasn't but he had been taught
NEVER to get out of the Van without permission.)

MomPerson to Conley (yaaawwwwn) Llewis (yawn) and Doc (Wait! what??)