[Dailydrool] Chomping

cathy brown idigdoxies at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 13:14:34 PDT 2014

Lucy Lou chomps, mostly in the spring and fall. Doc thinks it's a combination of her itchy allergies and her old friend author-eye-tis.
For the itchies she gets bathed with Ketohex, a prescription shampoo. She is supposed to leave the shampoo on for up to 10 minutes for maximum effect. Hah! I do the best I can and then on the days she doesn't get bathed I put a few drops of Ketohex on the fingers of my right hand and mix it with a few drops of water from my left hand and make a lather. Then I rub it on her itchiest spots. This has prevented her from having to go on steroids for the past two summers.
For the arthritis I simply toss a blanket on her and give her some loving and she stops chomping (for a while). This probably won't be the solution for Llewis because of his history but I thought I would share just in case. P.S. Lucy still has her spleen.
Lucy sends soft, sweet slurples to those whut needs it.