[Dailydrool] Strange Friends

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 04:31:21 PDT 2014

​Dogs slept two hours later than usual then woke us at 6 howling.
Usually we check the yard when it is dark but I looked on the monitor that
covers most of the yard and said to let them out.
I was doing something when John called out that there was something else in
the yard, another animal but it looked to him like a skunk. Or a cat.
The Bassets were off doing something but Doc went up and sniffed the animal
and turned and trotted along the fenceline with the animal trotting along
behind him. I mean, two or three paces behind him. At some point it went
over the fence but we did not see it. Doc simply turned around and sniffed
up the fence, standing on his hind legs to check it out.
WAIT, WHAT THE HELL??
No Basset baying, no mad chase, nothing! What is this?? How long has this
affair been going on? Is this one of Roger's feral cats that watch him work
and he talks to them? Is this someone's pet, raised with dogs? How long has
my pack been carrying on with a cat?
Yowsa!!
MomPerson to three catlovers, apparently.​