[Dailydrool] Sleep

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 05:48:01 PDT 2014

Have you ever noticed how some bassets are just not good sleepers? Beauford
and Bugsey are excellent sleepers. Half the time I have to wake Beauford up
to get out of his crate. Bugsey used to be like that. Now he sleeps with
his sister, and she makes sure she wakes him up long before I get in the
room. Bugsey slept through the night from the time we brought him home at 9
weeks of age. I was waking up in the middle of the night and checking on
him to make sure he didn't die in the night. It took Beauford 3 weeks to
sleep through the night.

Then there is Browyn. She did not sleep well last night. Have I mentioned
that she doesn't suffer in silence? No she does not. That means no one
slept well last night. We went out numerous times. That didn't seem to be
the problem. I don't know what her problem is. I will say that she sleeps a
lot better now that she and Bugsey share a crate. Plus I have few stuffed
animals to wash each week because when Bugsey slept in a crate by himself,
he required a crate full of stuffed animals so he felt like he was sleeping
with his littermates. Maybe I should have checked on the phase of the moon.
Maybe that is Browyn's problem. I would go back to bed, but it is obvious
she has no intention of sleeping. The boys both look like they have hang
overs from not enough sleep.

For the record, I have thought of drugging the little dear with benadryl.
There is just one problem. It makes her extremely hyper. Really. She is
pretty hyper without benadryl and with it she just bounces off the wall. So
that isn't going to work!

A very tired Jennifer with a very tired Beauford and Bugsey and bouncing
off the walls Browyn the Fairy Princess