[Dailydrool] November $5 Friday Debbie's Dawgs

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Thu Oct 30 07:14:24 PDT 2014

We are supporting Basset Hound Rescue of Southern California
for our $5 Friday coming up on Nov. 7th.  Since $5 Friday is a
little later than usual, we are accepting early donations - just
paypal your contribution of $5 or more to
                        debbiesdawgs at icloud.com
Those who send checks should make their check out to BHRSC;
email me off list if you need an address to send  your check to.

BHRSC has had several seniors needing a lot of care:

Here's some information on the first 3 - Tyler, Buster
and Chloe.  I'll post about the other 3 in a day or so. You
can see pictures of these hounds on our Debbie's Dawgs
page on FB.

Tyler

Tyler came to us weighing just 38 pounds at 9 years old! He was suffering from anorexia as a result of severe dental disease – so advanced that the decay had spread to his nasal cavity, which was in desperate need of surgical repair. He had the worst case of neglected teeth the doctors said they had ever seen! Nearly all of Tyler’s teeth were removed. (We also cleared up a bad ear infection and some eye damage too.)

For weeks his loving foster family sat with him to help him eat and take his medicine, all while worrying that the hopelessness in his eyes meant he may not have the will to get better. It was heartbreaking, but once his mouth healed his personality started to show. Today he’s at a much more healthy weight and he even looks forward to mealtime! Now all he needs is a forever home where he can show off his new spunk.

Buster

Buster, 10 years old, was abandoned at a shelter with many painful ulcerated masses on his legs and shoulders. After we rescued him we had the masses removed and biopsied, which revealed one was a rare and aggressive type of cancer. We consulted with an oncologist who determined that his tests were clean after surgery and the cancer had not yet spread.

That means we’re keeping a very close eye on his health, with regular exams (including x-rays and other tests) at least every other month to ensure the cancer doesn’t return, while Buster gets settled into his foster home. But what we really want is to find him a forever family that can keep him on his road to health and help him explore his newfound youthful curiosity!

Chloe

Chloe was dumped at a shelter at 13 years old. Her former owners said she was “too old” and complained that she was having accidents when they left her alone for long periods of time. She has hearing loss as well as a heart murmur and we saved her just before she ran out of time at the shelter.

Since then we’ve kept a close eye on her condition and we recently found her a foster home, where she’s enjoying the love and careful care of a devoted family. Now we’re searching for a forever home where she can snuggle up and put her head in someone’s lap (one of her favorite things) for the rest of her days!

We so appreciate our regular donors who help us get to $2000
for the rescues just about every month.  Since our first $5 Friday
in March, we have raised just over $16,000 for the senior hounds
in rescue.  So many hounds in sad and heartbreaking condition
have been helped because of caring basset lovers.  If you've not
donated before, I can promise you that it's $5 or $10 or $20 or
more well spent and it will give you great satisfaction to be a part
of helping these hounds.  We never dreamed when we started
Debbie's Dawgs that we'd honor Debbie Winchester's love of
senior hounds in rescue to this extent.  The sky's the limit
and may Debbie hear us loud and clear at the Bridge!

Thanks,

Donna, drool fueler for Gracie, Bosley and Sunny