[Dailydrool] Life with bassets

KR1204 at aol.com KR1204 at aol.com
Tue Sep 2 09:19:55 PDT 2014

First, Crackers is doing so well that I know it was the power of the
Droolers that sustained him through 9 days in intensive care. And best of all,
his personality is unchanged except he is even more my velcro boy.And he has
added a bit of mischief to his talents. Never in his life did he ever try
to  knock down a baby gate. Since being home, he routinely pushes his way
thru the  one between the kitchen and dining room. I don't use the dining room
for  anything right now except for storage. He doesn't do anything once in
there,  just wanders around and then comes back into the kitchen. I tried to
deter him  by putting a metal stepladder across the gate but he moves that
too. All three  of them follow me around the house now even when I take 15
steps from the family  room to the kitchen. It is like leading a parade to get
a drink of water! But I  wouldn't have it any other way.
Crackers and I will be heading to the Ramble and Loki and Jordan go to
their favorite kennel. Hope to see a lot of you there.
Kathy with Crackers,  Loki and Jordan (who has knocked down every other
baby gate in the  house)