[Dailydrool] Aloha Val,

Jacquelynn Chazey jchazey at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 17:01:20 PDT 2014

I think my Pierre jr. is channeling your beloved Bo, as he runs the tight
ship here.

He rarely lets me sleep past 5:30 am, and his morning snuggles and the
gestures he uses to nudge me awake are priceless (except when I am slow to
respond and he pounces my legs, all 80 pounds of him, to get my attention).

 Feeding is not an issue because I free feed, but he wants all attention on
him all the time.

I have regrettably taken a pause on guitar playing because he resents the
strokes I give the strings instead of him.  To give Jr. a break, a lot of
my guitar lapse coincides with my taking care of Mom.  I am eager to start
again, and maybe ten minutes a day would be a good start.

Before I can read the paper in the morning, after I take care of Mom, he
insists I take him for a walk, the path of his choice depending on the
smells of the day.

He is my guardian and protecter, and thus, he is channeling JP as well, as
he has stepped into that role big time.  I liked it better when he was
mister friendly, if you pet me I will roll for a belly rub.
(sometimes, if he likes the person, he will still do that.)

Given that, I will live life at his terms without hesitation as I will for
any of these hounds.  Jr. certainly dominates me ( in his mind and, I KNOW
when to draw the line), but the last couple of days he has been sleeping a
lot more than normal, and given that he has a managed illness, for now
under control, he has the hall pass.  He is only five, and I want to
appreciate him so much while I can, just as I did for  Pierre Sr., JP,
Pumpkin and Max ATB, and the plethora of pets before them before I was a
member of this wonderful list.

Healing drool to all in need,

Jackie and 20 paws