[Dailydrool] duelling mompersons

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 7 20:21:36 PDT 2014

Hi Riche,
  You wrote that this dog was never a picky eater before the surgery, but now won't eat except for treats. that makes me think there is still something off--whether pain or anxiety, or still a bit of upset tummy from the pain meds themselves. I guess I'd lean to Momperson 2's side, though with a strategy. start with boiled, diced or pureed chicken breasts, then if that goes okay add in a little regular kibble and less chicken the next day, and gradually reduce the chicken while increasing the kibble until you are back to your usual diet.
  I had this clash with my husband some years ago when our cat stopped eating from the stress of a houseful of little kid relatives visiting for two weeks and still didn't eat when they left. My husband said, he'll eat when he's hungry. I thought we should entice him, but went along with my husband's insistence. the cat went into starvation mode, developing liver problems, and had to be tube fed back to health. dogs are not cats, so I don't know if a dog would do this, but it scared me out of "waiting things out". good luck, Val