[Dailydrool] Harrison Hound ATB

lea pierce leapierce at leapierce.com
Thu Sep 11 19:29:41 PDT 2014

​"We had a wonderful day on Saturday. We went for a long walk, he rolled in
the grass, I loved on him, he ate his dinner and things started going
downhill afterwards. He started acting peculiar and his stomach was
extended. I thought he was bloating and took him to the emergency vet. He
was running a high fever and by then was in a lot of pain. They gave him
medicine for the pain, ran tests and took X-rays. The X-rays revealed he
had a large tumor on his spleen that burst. I was shocked that he had
cancer. I laid with him and loved on him before making the decision to say
goodbye. I was with him when he took his last breath."​

​The officers & crew of the HMS Santa Rosa were most upset to hear of the
very sudden posting of Harrison B. Hound to the Bridge.

Yet, Houndservant read the bulletin above through a salty mist, and
thought: just so. Just so.

Would that we all have that last day be glorious, and the sudden posting
swift sand sure.

We are all bound to the bridge, it is sure. Our hounds teach us much about
grace. Harrison B. Hound was in the moment, absolutely, enjoying a final
roll in the grass and a good dinner without pause or worry.

Just so.

Ahrooooo!
Ahrooooo!
Ahrooooo!

Blessed be the Harrison B. Hounds by that and every other name, and their
heart-broken servants. The measure that we grieve is in direct proportion
to the measure that we loved and were loved.

When it comes to bassets, Houndservant observes the proportions are always
outsized and never-ending.

Barrels of Naval Drool to all in need, and all who grieve. There is power
in the Drool.

Leftenant Lea Pierce
Houndservant to the officers & crew of the HMS Santa Rosa
Permanently docked at the Whine Country Basset Spa & Hot Dog Factory
Under orders from Golden Gate Basset Rescue, a division of the World Basset
Union