[Dailydrool] Boric Acid Water

Richard Schmeltz richard_schmeltz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 17 09:54:08 PDT 2014

>Yes, you can use boric
acid water ... It is even good for people use. For skin allergies,
conjunctivitis ( pink eye) and > so many other things.

A cautionary note regarding use of boric acid water to treat conjunctivitis. Note that I am neither a medical nor a pharmaceutical professional, and I defer to those who are more knowledgeable in those fields than I. A few years back, I suffered recurring bouts of conjunctivitis. Yeah, I know, I needed to learn to keep my fingers out of my face. Eventually, I did. Anyway, standard treatment was boric acid water. Until, that is, the time I suffered a recurrence and went to my pharmacist for a new supply. He refused to sell it to me, advising me that there had been several recent credible studies which suggested that repeated use of boric acid water to treat conjunctivitis could lead to blindness! I checked with my GP, who confirmed the info.

Like I said, just a cautionary note for whatever you deem it worth.

--RichS

Hubby to Patty, poppa/wrangler/slave/body pillow/security blanket to Bags the redhead cocker spaniel, Snoopy the long-legged beagle, and Simba the white ball of fluff we haven't figgered out yet.