[Dailydrool] Advice about our new houndie Marco

Saralyn Stabile Seiler saralyn777 at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 17 07:51:46 PDT 2014

Hi Everyone,
  We have a new houndie that we got from the Polk County pound in Florida. He had been hit by a car and left for dead. Animal control picked him up and we saw him on the web site not knowing about his injuries.  We said we would adopt him and spoke with the vet and she said his leg was injured and they were going to amputate.  I told them not to do that and we would adopt him. He is all Basset but his ears are a little shorter.  Poor guy has been through so much. He had surgery yesterday with our vet and he said he must have been hit hard by a car because his leg bone was totaly disconnected and shattered and upside down.  His ligaments were ripped off the bone totally. He put in pins in a 4 hour surgery.He cannot fix the ligaments until the bone forms then he will have to have another surgery. The vet said when he came out of surgery the pain meds weren't even keeping him down, he ripped out his cathacer 4 times and pulled the cone off his head 3 times.
 We have to crate this poor little guy for 2 months and he has terrible anxiety. I need to find a trainer that can help with his anxiety but can't afford one since we took out a loan for $3000 for his surgery.Does anyone have any suggestions?Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Saralyn, Louie, Romeo and Marco poor baby