[Dailydrool] Five years later, my beloved Pierre Jr. became a soft and smooch hound, long

Jacquelynn Chazey jchazey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 14:47:53 PDT 2014

First off, healing drool to all in need,

Condolences to those in need as well.

Sorry to be so generic, but this is how my life is these days.

Mom is so close to joining our beloved pets and Dad at the bridge, and the
journey is bordering on  a spiritual and magical blessed event.  I am so
grateful for the time she has been home with us, and she rallies, and for
now, she is committed to life on earth, so maybe this is just another ebb
in her flow.  Only God knows.  The hospice nurse says other wise, but the
aide is more believing  like me.

That being said, mister Pierre jr. made me so proud today at his vet visit.
 This was the first time in five years he wasn't muzzled for routine exam
stuff.  Of course, I gave the OK for the muzzle for nail trimming.

And, now he has learned to appreciate routine ear cleaning, and he welcomes
it.

And, he gives me kisses in bed every AM to wake me up, as if he is
channeling Jean Paul.

I had a moment to speak kindly about JP at the Vet, and they all remember
him as the GIANT MUSH who gave kisses to everyone, even when he was at the
Vet.

While I am so sad about the losses, I have turned the corner, and I realize
that I have had the best life with hounds, and I will continue to do the
best I can for the ones present, and hopefully, I can be more present with
rescue efforts in the future.

Virginia, thank you for the kind note, as well to Jonathan.

Also, my forever thanks go to Eva from OBR and Kathi, Jr's foster Mom.
 Pierre's roots… and we bonded at an overnight in a red roof motel, and I
woke up every hour to walk him around the property, not knowing his
routine, and it took us 14 hours to get home.  Many stops for him, and he
indeed peed in the car, but that didn't matter.  And my sister was a great
help with all of that, giving me a night off from Mom, in the crazy stage
of her dementia, and taking care of all the other hounds.

I don't know how I could have done this journey with Mom without Jr.  He
was only here for two weeks before Mom entered four years of institutional
care, and yet, he was the one who visited her all the time.

He was the one who trained me to take him to events, let him try agility
and rally, but most of all, be my best friend and beloved hound.

And knock on wood, he has some health issues, but nothing urgent, and he is
well cared for, and I hope and pray he will be by my side for a very long
time.  His vet is excellent, so I am hopeful.

Blessings to all,

Jackie and 20 paws