[Dailydrool] Problem with homemade liver treats

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 23:16:59 PDT 2014

Well, I decided to break down and make my own liver treats in the
dehydrator. I have a huge Excaliber and it does a wonderful job. I have
just had one unexpected result. Now the dogs are turning up their noses at
store bought (made in the USA) freeze dried liver. As a side note, I also
did up some packages of chicken hearts and gizzards. The gizzards make a
great chew when you have multiple dogs in the house. The entire gizzard
fits in their mouth and it takes some serious chewing to eat it! No
stealing of treats since they are so small. Oh wait. I should say that my
bassets are nice and polite and would never steal each others' treats.
Bugsey would never dream of stealing food or treats from Browyn. He knows
better than to try to steal Beauford's. Oh yeah, that only happens on Mars
and my bassets reside on earth. Oh well.

I guess I better go get some more liver and gizzards. I am almost out.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess