[Dailydrool] Homemade treats

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 05:21:11 PDT 2014

I forgot to warn everyone about the smell of liver treats. They stink up
the whole house. That is why I do them in the garage. This is about perfect
weather to do them. It isn't too hot (they smell worse) and it isn't so
cold that you can't air out the garage.

Pamela is right. I started making homemade treats because of allergies as
well. When I am baking treats, the dogs will often sit in front of the oven
and drool. The funny thing is they don't do this when I am making my
dinner, just when I am making treats for them. What I like about making
treats is I can make them so that they are allergy friendly for all three
hounds. It is almost impossible to find store bought treats they all three
can eat. Then the dad has to remember who can eat what. It is bad enough
when he asks whether I am allergic to oatmeal or if it is Bugsey. I just
have to be careful with the carob molasses treats. They are SO good, I eat
those as well. They are low sugar, but just enough sweetness to be extra
yummy.

I always find it funny when I board the dogs and I call in to check on the
dogs and the vet techs want to know if it is "safe" to try one of their
treats. For pete's sake! Their treats tend to be made with organic
ingredients and are much healthier than most snacks we humans eat!

I finally have the basset room all unpacked. I got the "essentials" done
earlier, but the movers lost some of the pins to the shelving units in
their room. Don't ask me how, but the quick stop is now MIA. It may turn up
in a really strange box. My suduko puzzles by my bed ended up in the dogs'
bath stuff. But at this point it is gone. If I don't find it soon, I will
have to break down and get some more. There are a lot worse things to lose.
I still haven't found the bread maker.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess