[Dailydrool] more $5 Friday hounds

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Tue Sep 30 06:30:41 PDT 2014

Suncoast has 2 other senior girls, Gracie and Skye, who we will
be helping with our $5 Friday.  Here's their information:

8 yr old Gracie was dumped over the fence at a shelter a few months
ago with a bulging eye.  We had the right one removed immediately.
Glaucoma has now taken over her other eye and she's having it
removed this week.

8 yr old Skye  was  surrendered to a shelter also with a bulging eye.
We just had it removed.   She still needs to be spayed and have
some mammary tumors removed but has just gone into heat…

If you are on Facebook, you can see pictures of these sweet girls on
our Debbie's Dawgs page.  Having had a glaucoma hound (my Pw
Miss Pauline) I cannot imagine dumping your dog in so much pain.
How cruel and uncaring.  I am so glad these girls have been rescued.

Suncoast Basset Rescue has 72 hounds in their care right now, 42
of them are 8 yrs. old or older.  They have high vet bills each month
so please join us in helping them help these seniors who they so
willingly take into their rescue. They do not shy away from the tough
cases - they have big hearts.  It's so easy to paypal $5 to
                   debbiesdawgs at icloud.com
It just takes a minute and it's such a help.  While we have about 100
faithful supporters, we need more - it's such a great opportunity to
help a hound and know which hound or hounds you are helping.

$5 is something we don't think twice about spending on a treat for
ourselves.  We don't even miss that $5. But the hounds appreciate
that $5 that goes toward making them well and ready for a home
where the family will care about them - that $5 becomes such a
gift.  Donate now through Sunday, October 5th!

Debbie's Dawgs has been such a success because of the love
and respect we all have for her, even though she's here on
earth with us any more.  Donate for Debbie and donate for
the hounds she and we all love and have loved so much.

As an added bonus, donating gives  you a chance to win a
$25 gift card to Moon Doggie Coffee!  Drawing is on Monday,
October 6th.

Thanks,

Donna, drool fueler for Gracie, Bosley and Sunny