[Dailydrool] To those who have lost a hound

Pamela McQuade via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Apr 3 15:47:23 PDT 2015

Ever since we lost all three dogs in our pack during the course of a
year, it has been very bittersweet--mostly bitter--for me to read about
the hounds who have gone on to meet our Jane, Belvedere, and Abner at
the Bridge. My heart goes out to everyone who has lost a dog recently,
because I know your pain. I'm just not able to write each of you about
how wonderful your hound was and how sorry I am. So I am doing another
group note, though it seems like such a cop out.

Know that you will never truly lose your hound. Your love is with that
dog, and there's a heart space left that will always belong to this
hound. Over time the memories will become sweeter, and you will bear the
pain better, but you will never forget the details of your love. Each
hound is special in its own way.

Know that the Dashing Bassets are slinging drool in your direction, and
I have been praying for you, hoping that the memories will soon turn
sweet.

Pam, food slave to all the Dashing Bassets