[Dailydrool] Good Thoughts

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Apr 30 04:39:43 PDT 2015

​Instead of drool-- we have plenty of it -- I would ask instead for some
gentle good thoughts aimed at Llewis who seems unwell.
We are not at all sure what is going on, but something is, and we are
hamstrung by the flu epidemic, making trips to the Vet problematic.
He is not eating well at all. He is currently on a home diet of chicken and
rice and cheese. All things he loves...or did. When he does eat he is
eating less and less.
Pepscid doesn't seem to help a lot. Tramadol makes his groggy and stupid
but in the end, it wears off. He does a lot of lip smacking and
air-licking, which I take as symptoms of stomach distress. His teeth are
terrible and before the flu outbreak (we are in the middle of the epidemic
area) I had scheduled him for a dental. We had to cancel. The flu, should
he get it (and I vaccinate even if the vaccine is not for this type) would
surely kill him.

For all his bravado and good cheer, Llewis is physically delicate and
declining. We are not ready to let go. (Nor is Llewis, who would be
appalled at the suggestion). Please think positive thoughts in his
direction now and then. He's my good boy.

Worried MomPerson, worried Doc, worried Conley​