[Dailydrool] Burrowing Bassets

Michele SZ via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Apr 8 15:22:39 PDT 2015

Colt ATB used to burrow until his entire body was under the sheet covering his and Ruger's bed and start barking at Ruger.  We said that he was playing ghost basset and haunting his brother.  He also used to burrow his head into the couch or under pillows to bark. Usually just before or at the end of running a basset 500 or chasing Ruger around the house. Almost like someone trying to scream/yelling into a pillow to muffle the scream/yell...like a child throwing a tantrum. Ruger is now burrowing his head under the dog beds to bark at Xander to try to get Xander to play with him. Especially if I yell at him "to simmer down" he will stick his head under the dog bed and continue to bark at Xander. As for Xander, he will lay in my lap and burrow his head under my arm, between the arm rest on the couch and my body. He will also burrow his head under the blanket if I have one laying across me.

Heart healing drool to all of those whose beloved hound or spouse has made their way to the bridge.  Healing drool to all those who are sick or injured.
We love all of you
Michele, Momma to Ruger, Xander and Colt ATB
wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com
Sent from my iPawPad