[Dailydrool] $5 Friday for Utah Friends of Basset Hounds

Peggy Chudd via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Aug 3 20:24:52 PDT 2015

Arroooooo for $5 Friday.  We are so grateful to be the recipients of Debbies Dawgs' August $5 Friday.  Let's hear it for Utah Friends of Basset Hounds' Seniors (all 42 of them).  Donna wants to break the record for donations and we sure like that idea. We'd like to tell you about one of our seniors, Rex.
Rex's elderly person passed away and he was shuffled between family members until no one wanted him; they finally called rescue. We were warned that Rex had "head issues" and not to touch his neck or head. He was transported to us wearing a muzzle for fear someone would be bitten. His UFBH Foster Mom has not found it necessary to use the muzzle he arrived in, even once.
When we took Rex to be examined, vaccinated, blood work done and scheduled to be neutered, the vet discovered his entire belly was bruised; injuries consistent with having been kicked repeatedly. The surgery was cancelled and he was put on pain meds and antibiotics to help him heal. We're waiting for more tests to tell us the extent of his injuries.
We're pretty sure this poor guy, who just lost the only person who loved him was seriously abused before finding his way to us. We'll never know how it happened ......but we hope to heal his physical and emotional injuries.
Passing along the donation info
If you would like to send a check, please make it out to the rescue or UFBH and mail to UFBH, 1338 S Foothill Drive #172, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108
To donate via paypal directly to the rescue, please choose the friends and family option and send your contribution here:
shop at utahbassethoundrescue.com If you need a tax receipt, you should donate directly to the rescue.
You may also donate via paypal to Debbie's Dawgs at debbiesdawgs at icloud.com We forward donations made to us for the rescue on the Monday after $5 Friday weekend.
You may donate through midnight Sunday, August 9th.
BIG Senior Basset Thanks to all the Daily Droolers

Sent from iCloud