[Dailydrool] Hannah not chewing

Ann Hefner via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Aug 4 15:01:11 PDT 2015

Marlene, Lance was the same way. I did soak his food, but
the fateful day someone knocked a bag of cookies off the
table and he must have inhaled them. He did bloat and we
got home too late. Can you find a safe bone for her to
chew, like a large beef leg bone. Something big enough she
has to chew it. Get her used to the idea of chewing on
something. Do you feed her in the same room as Annie? You
may need to have her in a closed room so she doesn't feel
threatened that someone will get her food. I know a lot of
breeders feed all the puppies in one big bowl and they
have to eat fast to get enough, and that starts the whole
inhaling thing. I even tried the big Hills TD (oral care)
food, and they swallowed that whole too. I guess, find her
something very big that she has to chew and feed her by
herself if you aren't already.
Ann